At METRO we say "We make it count" because our accounting is not just about numbers, we make it count for more. We already have over than 400 employees, we operate our METRO/MAKRO brands in around 20 countries around the world, we have been operating in Szczecin for 12 years, and in our internal engagement survey, almost 90% of our employees said that working at METRO is meaningful and allows them to grow. METRO is a leading international wholesaler operating in more than 30 countries worldwide with more than 93,000 employees.
Join us, feel the 'We make it count' spirit and create a METRO community for which Accounting always counts for something more.
Your main area of responsibility in this position will include:
- Work in area for Treasury (ex. manage and plan cash flows and prepare cash flow forecasts, prepare reports on the company's cash flow, analyzing transactions in foreign currencies and taking measures to hedge, calculation, control and posting of interests on loans/deposits, calculation and posting of accruals on interests, currency purchases and sales/foreign revaluations),
- Work in area for Outgoing payments (local, central and manual),
- Manage process improvement projects to achieve productivity increase (KPI establishment), operational excellence and quality assurance (ex. Implement the standards, defining exceptions and permanently improving them),
- Take part in the transition of the activities from country to Metro GSC,
- Create and update standardized procedures for migrated processes,
- Cooperate with Internal Audit in terms of controls and documentation validation.
We are inviting to this recruitment everyone who has:
- Experience in banking area in terms of processes such as: Cash flow, funding, risk management, loans, deposits, interest rates handling, foreign transactions processing, hedging, exclusively reporting for those aspects, especially liquidity planning
- Experience in SAP or other external tools used for Treasury purpose,
- Knowledge in Payments are is more than welcome
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economy or related field,
- Good knowledge of accounting procedures, policies, regulations and rules; understanding of accounting principles, especially in terms of Treasury,
- 1-5 years of experience in accounting,
- E2E thinking and great analytical skills,
- Organizational skills,
- Experience in mapping processes would be welcome,
- Strong Excel skills and good overall SAP knowledge.
- stable employment in an international corporation, which is constantly growing,
- chance to expand knowledge and experience in various areas of accounting,
- an extensive package of professional training (in accounting, software - SAP, soft skills and language learning),
- private medical care and group insurance, also for family members,
- cash benefits as part of the Social Benefits Fund, i.e. Christmas allowance,
- co-financed sports card,
- a monthly salary supplement for knowing an additional language,
- team and company integrations after hours,
- a relocation package for people ready to move to Szczecin.
Plac Brama Portowa 1, Szczecin
Type of Employment
without leadership responsibility
Job Description:Act as a reliable source for Business Analytics & Insights on Category and Suppliers performance across all METRO Countries and Companies, with a focus on Procurement activities.Data q